cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Mailq: submit spam samples for learning to MEG?

Jump to solution

Hello,

We are using both McAfee E-mail Gateway (7.6) and MQM (7.0.1) to manage our incoming and outgoing e-mails. Every now and then, some of our users receive an e-mail that hasn't been catched by the spam filters. My question is, is there a way to train our McAfee E-mail Gateways / MQM with spam samples?

For testing, I have install the MCST on a virtual computer with Outlook 2010. I can submit potential spam messages to MQM and then see said message in the "user submitted queue". However, I can only then choose to send this sample to the McAfee Reserach Center. How do you submit those messages for spam training locally (as in, not send them to McAfee)?

I have gone through and beyond every menu both in MQM and our mail gateways but can't seem to locate somewhere you can configure spam apprenticeship with submitted samples from users or MQM.    

Any ideas or is this not possible?

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Mailq: submit spam samples for learning to MEG?

Jump to solution

hello,

MEG does not have the ability to be trained locally for missed detections.  a previous version (IronMail 6.7.2) had a bayesian engine that could be trained, however over time the bayesian engine would cause about as many false positives as true detections and would ultimately need to be reset to the default table by support.  due to this happening, it was not implemented in version 7.  I would recommend you submit a PER if you would like this feature added.  thanks.

--jake

2 Replies

Jump to solution

hello,

MEG does not have the ability to be trained locally for missed detections.  a previous version (IronMail 6.7.2) had a bayesian engine that could be trained, however over time the bayesian engine would cause about as many false positives as true detections and would ultimately need to be reset to the default table by support.  due to this happening, it was not implemented in version 7.  I would recommend you submit a PER if you would like this feature added.  thanks.

--jake

Jump to solution

Hi Jake,

Understood, thanks for the quick feedback!

Marc

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community