cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQM 7.0.1 and database users

I'm planning to install in my corporation environment MQM 7.0.1 with SQL Server as database.

Before to send requests to DBA team, i'd like to clarify a doubt. From McAfee documentation i have known that, if database_mqm is database for MQM:

• the owner of database must have sysadmin as server role
  • the user that MQM uses to connect to database_mqm must have "only" write permission

Is this rigth?

Thanks

2 Replies
rbrady
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: MQM 7.0.1 and database users

The account you create for MQM to use will have syadmin as a role and dbo permissions on the database.  It will have both read and write access.  It should have full permission to the MQM database.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Re: MQM 7.0.1 and database users

Ryan,

my DBA team refused to give my user sysadmin role, so i have experienced that:

- once created an empty database by a DBA, database-level role db_ddladmin is sufficient for user to create database schema

- once created schema, database-level role db_datawriter and db_datareader are sufficient for user

Bye

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community