cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

MEG 7.6 append message to header of all incoming emails

I have read the manual and it's quite confusing once you create the dictionary which I don't believe I need to accomplish this. I want something added to every incoming email warning people that this is from outside so treat with caution especially if you have an attachment or links within email. To test, I just need the message on several addresses coming inbound. I can put this in a transport rule on the hub transport but thought I could keep the work off Exchange.

Thoughts?

3 Replies
Unblack
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: MEG 7.6 append message to header of all incoming emails

i would configure it as a rulebased action. Not with the dictionary.

For an incoming mail rule you would still have to have a dictionary wouldn't you?

Unblack
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

No.

We use the Policy Based Action Settings to forward mails and change the subject.

for example: Add "[external] to subject

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community