cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

MEG 7.6.2 installing in testing (transparent) mode in front of outbound 6.7.2 Ironmail to test compliance rules

What is the best way to accomplish that?

2 Replies
rbrady McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: MEG 7.6.2 installing in testing (transparent) mode in front of outbound 6.7.2 Ironmail to test compliance rules

Best way really depends on how you plan on ultimately deploying MEG.  If you are going to use it as an explicit proxy, then I would recommend configuring it as such now and using it as the upstream relay from Ironmail and then disabling all but the compliance scanner you want to test.  If you are planning on deploying it as a transparent bridge or router then you can configure it as such and do the same with the policies.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Re: MEG 7.6.2 installing in testing (transparent) mode in front of outbound 6.7.2 Ironmail to test compliance rules

I plan on deploying as explicit proxy. So I would need to enter it's IP as a relay after the 6.7.2 appliance? Once these rules are tested, it will replace the old 6.7.2 box.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community