cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhtiongson
Level 7

MEG 7.0 transparent bridge mode

Hi all,

Need your suggestion in deploying my meg 7.0.

my setup is: 

email gateway ip: 58.71.96.204

email server: 58.71.96.204

domain: example.com map to the ip of email gateway

question: in this setup how to configure my email gateway for this scenario to work.

thanks,

arvin layam

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Hayton
Level 17

Re: MEG 7.0 transparent bridge mode

Moved from Consumer Help section to Business / Email and Web Security / Email Gateway for attention.

0 Kudos
jsonger
Level 9

You can certainly point your MX record to the email gateway but you won't be able to use the same IP address for the email server.

0 Kudos
rhtiongson
Level 7

Hi jsonger,

Thanks for your reply, yes mx record is pointing to the ip of the email gateway which is .204, and the email server have different ip address which is .205, sorry the ip of the email server above is wrong. In this setup, what is the exact positioning of the device, is it transparent bridge or explicit proxy?

Thanks

0 Kudos
andyclements
Level 12

If you have the MX record pointed at the MEG, the mode would be explicit proxy.  The domain settings would then direct processed mail to the internal server.

If the MX record pointed at the email server, then you could use a transparent mode, with the MEG sitting between the mail server and the internet.  In this way it would act as a network cable.  Transparent bridge mode would be if the same network is on either side of the MEG, transparent router if it would be different networks.

0 Kudos
rhtiongson
Level 7

Hi Andy,

Thanks for this info,  I will try to change the positioning mode and update this trail for the progress...

0 Kudos
rme-0695
Level 7

HI Guys.

In EXPLICIT PROXY mode, where to configure/ place the IP Address of your INTERNAL MAIL Server?

0 Kudos