cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
duwang
Level 7

MEG 7.0 always treat normal PDF as corrupted content...

MEG 7.0 always treat normal PDF as corrupted content...even those PDF no password encryted.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mdnramos
Level 11

Re: MEG 7.0 always treat normal PDF as corrupted content...

Hi duwang,

Can you let us know what version of MEG 7.0 you are currently running?

MEG 7 should be able to treat PDF files, indeed this is the case in may deployments. May I suggest that you provide details on a support request for further investigation? You can create a support request at https://mysupport.mcafee.com/Eservice/Default.aspx

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
duwang
Level 7

v7.0 2301.114

Updatable Component Versions
Anti-Virus Engine5600
Anti-Virus DAT7172
Anti-Spam Rules4675
Anti-Spam Engine2.3.0.9362-1
0 Kudos
mdnramos
Level 11

Hi duwang,

Thank you for your reply. Can you check on the 'About this appliance' section (link on the top right corner) and confirm what patches you have installed? Current version for MEG 7.0 is Patch 3. A number of issues with content processing are resolved on the patches released to date, hopefully this will help.

0 Kudos
cathyhill
Level 7

Hey, have you accepted mdnramos' suggestion? How does it work now? Sometimes the MEG will wrongly detect PDF file as corrupted file. And I wonder this should be irrelavant to the PDF reader itself, isn't it?

0 Kudos
duwang
Level 7

I havent upgrade to patch 3 yet...because even my another gateway(Meg 7.5) have the same problem

0 Kudos
jfults
Level 7

Hello,

McAfee updates the 3rd party plug-in used for content scanning with each patch in most cases.  We would recommend to update to 7.0.4 if still on 7.0 and 7.5.1 if on 7.5.  We also have 7.5.2 in limited release at the moment which we hope to have released soon to web.

If the PDFs are still detected as corrupt then we would recommend to quarantine the original message then open a SR with support so they can test the sample in support to verify if the same message can pass with the latest patch level.

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos