Highlighted
requ
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

How to block sending email per unit of time

Hello,

My customer wants block sending email.

They want use something like, one sender can sends few e-mail per minutes, e.g. 100 emails/minutes.

Have you ever met with such a possibility in  Email Gateway?

3 Replies
ijahnke
Level 11
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to block sending email per unit of time

Currently that functionality does not exist on MEG, however, it may be included in a future version.

requ
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Ok, I accepted.

So maybe another way.

Can i block send email to more than, for exapmle 10-20 recipients?

Email > Email Configuration > Protocol Configuration > Protocol Settings(SMTP) > Denial of service protection section.  There is an option for "maximum number of recipients before a failure response is given."  Change it from no limit to whatever you would like for the max recipients.  There are a couple of things to look out for on this.  If you do not want to do this globally, use protocol presets.  The failure response given is a 400 level error, so a legitimate sending server will attempt to deliver to the rest of the recipients based on its retry schedule.

--Jake

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.