cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Contextual matching (advanced)

Good day, I have an question.

If I put in "Contextual matching (advanced)" form several phrases, and put a huge number in the "within a block" section, and choose "triger if no additional terms are found", will it go through all the phrases in a mail, if it clearly has much less characters, and pass the email if there were either one match or several matches, like the first phrase and the last one, and no matches between, and block if it didnt find any matches, or should i turn off the near match to enable such reaction?

2 Replies
Reliable Contributor marcus69
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Contextual matching (advanced)

Hi Alex,

@alex11m wrote:

If I put in "Contextual matching (advanced)" form several phrases, and put a huge number in the "within a block" section, and choose "triger if no additional terms are found", will it go through all the phrases in a mail, if it clearly has much less characters, and pass the email if there were either one match or several matches, like the first phrase and the last one, and no matches between, and block if it didnt find any matches, or should i turn off the near match to enable such reaction?

To be honest: i do not understand what you mean 🤔

It looks to me like a question, within an explanation, that has casual options proposing multiple solution approaches.
All this in one sentence ... or question ... - WOW! 😲

There is no restriction on characters or words that can be used within a posting. So if you want us to help, please take your time and please use more than one sentence to explain your problem in detail to us.

It would also help telling us what You want to achieve. As so often, there are more ways of approaching and solving a problem 😉

Best regards
   Marcus

Re: Contextual matching (advanced)

For instance, I want to block all emails that contain phrase "order this * now", as I understand, it will block all emails with order this +any combinations of letters and numers+ now, i hope i understand this correctly.

But I know that, one sender is legitimate, but he uses the same phrase i want to block by, so will the compliance dictionary ignore emails from this sender, if i just choose trigger if no additional terms are found, and put his credentials there, with some big number in the within a block field, if i don't know where exactly in a mail will be credentials? pic.PNG

Will macafee also block mails that contain inclomplete phrase?

For instance, same phrase, "order this * now", but income email doesn't have "order this" part, will it still be blocked by mcafee?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community