cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mvillase
Level 7

Configuring MEG to block mail when an specific number recipients is exceded.

Jump to solution

Hi all, how can I configure MEG to block a mail when an specific number of recipients is exceded? I tried  Maximum number of recipients before a failure response is given option but only send a "RCPT TO >  452 Too many recipients" and it is not enough to block some spammers.

Screen Shot 2014-08-18 at 5.34.53 PM.png

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mdnramos
Level 11

Re: Configuring MEG to block mail when an specific number recipients is exceded.

Jump to solution

Currently there is no way to have the appliance accept and drop (silent close) data when a message exceeds the maximum number of recipients, it will always reply witht the 452 error. A change to this would be deemed an enhancement request.

You can find the procedure to make such a request here.

Hope this helps.

3 Replies
mdnramos
Level 11

Re: Configuring MEG to block mail when an specific number recipients is exceded.

Jump to solution

At this stage of the conversation the appliance has not been able to determine if the email is spam or not, so it would not be a good idea to drop out of the conversation silently in case the request is genuine. The appliance will make use of its sender authentication features and anti-spam measures to determine the best course of action at a later stage in the conversation (first it needs to look at all the recipient data to make a decision whether it should relay the message).

Hope this helps.

mvillase
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for your quick answer, I understand you, actually this is a demo requirement, where the client want to block any email when there are more than 100 recipients.

0 Kudos
mdnramos
Level 11

Jump to solution

Currently there is no way to have the appliance accept and drop (silent close) data when a message exceeds the maximum number of recipients, it will always reply witht the 452 error. A change to this would be deemed an enhancement request.

You can find the procedure to make such a request here.

Hope this helps.