cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO Endpoint Deployment Kit 9.6.1 - Enterprise Edition

UPDATE:

Version 9.6.1 - 08/08/2016

Inhibited entry of comma in description field due to a ePO bug that splits it into 2 packages.

Fixed issue with overwriting of package if it already exists.

UPDATE:

Version 9.6.0.

Updated to .NET 4.5.

Removed third-party DotNetZip Library, replaced with native .NET 4.5 functions.

Removed third-party HTTPUploadHelper for MultipartFormData processing, replaced with native .NET 4.5 functions.

Changed background color of dialogs.

UPDATE:

Version 9.2.5.  Updated error handling for product detecion key parsing.

UPDATE:

Version 9.2.4.  This version set default values for the product detection key and product detection value.

I am very pleased to post the Community Edition of the ePO Endpoint Deployment Kit (EEDK).  This tool is designed to allow ePO  users to build and deploy their own custom software packages using ePO. This can included other software, hotfixes, scripts etc.  Inside the attached .zip files we have included a Product Guide along with  examples of building your own software packages.  If you have any question please use this community site for support.

UPDATE:

Version 9.4.  This version adds Windows 8 and Windows 2012 platform support.

UPDATE:

Version 9.5.2  This version adds Windows 10 platform support.

UPDATE:

Providing Enterprise Edition to the community. This will be the only version maintained going forward.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
Attachments
Comments

Hi Andre,

Thanks for the recommendation.  Unfortunately, this didn't help with the issue.  It's still not running my script.

Thanks again!

Kevin

Thanks eelsasser for the information. It makes a lot more sense on how eposign function works. I would say leave as is. The issue that I originally had with this that I would get an eposign error but it didn't have any information on why it thew an error. I agree with ThomasN regarding a notification that the two DLL's are required for the eposign function to work.

As always this is a great tool and it just keeps getting better!

Erik

Thank you for all the hard work on maintaining EEDK!  I think there is a small bug in the 9.6 version.  When I go to build a package, if the package does not exist EEDK works as expected.  However, if the package already exists, EEDK will prompt to overwrite.  If you say "yes" then EEDK will display an error saying the package already exists. It is easily remediated by deleting the package in the build folder.
overwrite.jpgerror.jpg

Unfortunately, my permissions to edit/upload content to communities has been restricted. I can't post any version updates here.

Therefore, I have posted 9.6.1 to here:

ePOEndpointDeploymentKit - Box

Version 9.6.1 - 08/08/2016

Inhibited entry of comma in description field due to a ePO bug that splits it into 2 packages.

Fixed issue with overwriting of package if it already exists.

Let me know if this works for you.

Awesome.   Thank you.  I can confirm that 9.6.1 works as expected, and that I cant put comma's in the description field. 

Has anyone seen the following error message when attempting to build a package using EDK?  Thanks!

build error message.JPG

I tried but couldnt do anything to recreate you error.  Can you post the contents of EEDK.log, it may help track down the issue.

Hi Brinkn,

Here is the content of the log file:

[8/9/2016 3:31 PM] ePO Endpoint Deployment Kit: 9.6.0 (Enterprise Edition)

[8/9/2016 3:31 PM] Form Loaded from parameters.

[8/9/2016 3:31 PM] Populating eedkSettings.

[8/9/2016 3:31 PM] -Build:"" does not exist.

[8/9/2016 3:31 PM] Form Closing

[8/9/2016 3:31 PM] Exit (1)

Thanks in advance!

You need to set a "Build Folder" under Tools > Options. 

I downloaded the zipped file containing the .exe filed but it did not contain the Product Guide.  Is this available somewhere else or can someone provide a copy.

Hi Torry

I had the challange distributing a modified EpePcCp.ini with our ePO (see McAfee KnowledgeBase - Single Sign On on a Windows 8 client with a smart card reader displays only a... ) and therefore I've built al Little package, which almost works:

@echo off

:: Set path to current product folder

pushd "%~dp0"

:: Get software package source directory and set as variable SRCDIR

SET SRCDIR=

for /f "delims=" %%a in ('cd') do @set SRCDIR=%%a

:: check if there is a EpePcCp.ini - Exit with failure, if not

if not exist "C:\Program Files\McAfee\Endpoint Encryption\EpePcCp.ini" EXIT /B 1

:: else save the original file

::removed due to uninstall error of mde. .ori was not deleted, so the folder could not be deleted

::if not exist "C:\Program Files\McAfee\Endpoint Encryption\EpePcCp.ori" ren "C:\Program Files\McAfee\Endpoint Encryption\EpePcCp.ini" *.ori

:: then replace the EpePcCp.ini

copy /y %SRCDIR%\EpePcCp.ini "C:\Program Files\McAfee\Endpoint Encryption\*.*"

:: exit with errorcode of "copy" (0 if successful)

Exit /B %errorlevel%

Now I have a few questions:

- How can my script distinguish between install and remove? I guess, there is someting passed as parameter that can use for IF ... GOTO?

- During Remove I would delete some files / folders e.g. delete C:\ProgramData\McAfee\<branch>\<package-name> (where I get the informations about <branch> and <package-Name>)? Are there other things to do, so that a reinstall is possible (remove ... install)

- Is it possible to show my package in ePO as installed product? And how I have to remove it from installed products after a package-remove?

- I've built a Client Task (1. install MDE-Agent, 2. install MDE, 3. install EEGO and 4. install my package above), but my package will not be installed, if the Task runs the first time. The second time my packe will also be installed, while step 1-3 are already ok.

Many thanks in advance

Hausi

Now I have a few questions:

- How can my script distinguish between install and remove? I guess, there is someting passed as parameter that can use for IF ... GOTO?

You cant use the uninstall option for the package.  You can pass a command line parameter and have your script take action based upon that:

set cmdstr=%*
if %cmdstr% EQU install (goto install)
if %cmdstr% EQU uninstall (goto remove)

:install

::Install STUFF

goto end

:uninstall

::Uninstall STUFF

goto end

:end

::EXIT

- During Remove I would delete some files / folders e.g. delete C:\ProgramData\McAfee\<branch>\<package-name> (where I get the informations about <branch> and <package-Name>)? Are there other things to do, so that a reinstall is possible (remove ... install)

Im not sure what you are trying to do here, can you elaborate?

- Is it possible to show my package in ePO as installed product? And how I have to remove it from installed products after a package-remove?

This is probably not a good idea.  The agent pulls installed product info from the registry and/or possibly the database on the 5.0 agent.  Look at "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins" to see what I mean.  You would also have to have an extension on the epo server to understand how to parse and display the data.

- I've built a Client Task (1. install MDE-Agent, 2. install MDE, 3. install EEGO and 4. install my package above), but my package will not be installed, if the Task runs the first time. The second time my packe will also be installed, while step 1-3 are already ok.

We would have to look at the logs to figure out what is going on here.  It could be trying to execute in an order you don't expect, or something else is failing preventing your package from running.

Many thanks in advance

Hausi

Thanks you very much, this helps a lot!

Im not sure what you are trying to do here, can you elaborate?

I guess the branch and packagename are part of SRCDIR...

...I've tried now with:

for /f "tokens=5,6 delims=\" %%i in ("%srcdir%") do echo. branch=%%i name=%%j & @set branch=%%i & @set name=%%j

So I got for branch=Current and Name=MYPKG...

This is probably not a good idea.  The agent pulls installed product info from the registry and/or possibly the database on the 5.0 agent.  Look at "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins" to see what I mean.  You would also have to have an extension on the epo server to understand how to parse and display the data.

Hmm, I see; but how do I know in which clients was running packet successfully?

We would have to look at the logs to figure out what is going on here.  It could be trying to execute in an order you don't expect, or something else is failing preventing your package from running.

Which logs do you mean exactly?

Thanks,

Hausi

hausi wrote:

Hmm, I see; but how do I know in which clients was running packet successfully?

The return code of your script (either Zero, or non-Zero) will determine if a 2411 (success) or 2412(fail) client event is triggered for your package.   So if your package name is MYPKG1000 you will see "MYPKG1000" listed as the product code of the client event.  You could also make use of the custom properties to set something on the endpoint to show if your package ran or not.

Which logs do you mean exactly?

Start with the McScript.log and the McScript_error.log.  These are usually located here C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Agent\logs or here C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\logs. Searching for the word "execute" should get you close to what you need.

Draft version 001 of

Hi Erik,

The link does not work. It is asking for a password.

Thanks,

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Do you got EEDK 9.6.1? can you share it to me?

I must be doing something wrong , as when I run the software it just says     Build does not exist.

Whats am I doing wrong?

This is a common mistake where the Build Folder has not been specified or pointing to a directory which does not exist. Choose Tools and then Options in EEDK GUI and specify a directory where the package can be build.

Look in the Getting Started Guide for EEDK. It also includes the common mistake and issues.

Has anyone figured out how to get a Successful status back from the McAfee agent when doing a Product Deployment or Run Client Task now? I understand that a bug has been discussed already that causes a Run Client Task now to always show as a failure but when I do a normal Product Deployment, the status just remains Pending 0%.

The task runs and completes perfectly on the endpoint, I've confirmed that the batch script is exiting with code 0 and in the McAfee Agent Monitor the task is listed as succeeded and finished by the Updater component  but I never seem to get any successful message back in EPO.

This seems like a huge problem b/c how else would you know if your task was successful? Is there  another way to determining success?

Just to confirm, I checked the Client Events from EPO and I see an Event 2411 Deployment/Update Successful for my package. However, on the product deployment deployment page the status remains Pending at 0%

Any insight into this?

Do we have an eta on when we'll support server 2016?

Current EEDK 9.6.0 can create packaged for Windows 2016 servers. They are listed as Windows 10 Server in the EEDK interface.

Hi could anyone share the password for the EEDK 9.6.1 please?

Great Tool. Thank you.  This has been very helpful for us. 

I am currently trying to deploy SCCM agent using EEDK tool.   Couldn't manage to package the SCCM client software which contains subdirectories. The resulting package zip file doesn't contain the subdirectories.

Is this a known limitation of EEDK or am I missing something to include source directory subdirectories in package?

If anyone managed to deploy SCCM, would appreiciate a tip.

Thank you.

Update:  In  the interim, I used self extracting zip tool/packaging and using EEDK just to deploy to stations.

What is password for 9.6.1 download?

I'm guessing that this project is dead? The creator: eelsasser account is deactivated on this community, so either he has been abducted by aliens or he has left the company.

Does anyone know if there is a replacement? Or source code? Or anything?

Were you able to resolve the above error?

We use HIP 8.0 P9, and I also found these DLLs under "C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\Host Intrusion Prevention"

Has anyone th PWD of the 9.6.1 package?

Thanks

Max

Anyone at all have the password for downloading 9.6.1?  Thanks!

That workaround gets old after the 90th time rebuilding a package, lol.  Ah well, worth a try.  Thanks.

Hello,

how can i download EEDK 9.6.1, i´m prompted for a password when trying to download it.

Cheers

9.6.1 has been uploaded to the thread.

Perfect,

we will build a removal package with the McAfee Removal Tool. At the moment this is the most necessary tool for our customer. 😕

Cheers

I never have any luck with running this out of the box.

So anyways, I was getting an error from ePOSign.exe, stating the MSVCP71.DLL was missing.  I found the file on another system.  Dropped it in Sys32 and Syswow.  Same error occurred.

So, i took the ePOSign.exe from the EPO server and dropped it in my EEDK folder.  Then, running it generated more DLL errors.  I started copying 1 by 1, until I realized that its probably going to keep asking me for every DLL in the EPO root folder.  I proceeded to copy all the DLL's from EPO into my EEDK directory.  ePOSign stopped erroring out.

Now I am getting an encryption issue.  The EEDK doesnt allow for installing the EPO certs, so I copied all the EPO certs into the EEDK folder.  Same error.  I even tried dropping the keystore directory on my drive root.  In the eposign.exe output, it had mentioned a command to run to verify my pkgcatalog.xml and pointed to the keystore being on my root.

= EEDK.log =

[12/5/2017 4:08 PM] Building package.

[12/5/2017 4:08 PM] Creating Build Folder: "C:\Users\<Users>\Documents\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\Build Folder\Build-RIPQ4_172017-1.0.0.0"

[12/5/2017 4:08 PM] Copying Source: "C:\Users\<Users>\Documents\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\Repository\MFERemoval100_1516\MFERemoval100_1516\MFERemoval100.exe" to Build: "C:\Users\<Users>\Documents\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\Build Folder\Build-RIPQ4_172017-1.0.0.0

[12/5/2017 4:08 PM] Creating PkgCatalog: "C:\Users\<Users>\Documents\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\Build Folder\Build-RIPQ4_172017-1.0.0.0\PkgCatalog.xml"

[12/5/2017 4:08 PM] Creating MCS file: "C:\Users\<Users>\Documents\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\Build Folder\Build-RIPQ4_172017-1.0.0.0\RIPQ4_172017-det.mcs"

[12/5/2017 4:08 PM] Running: C:\Users\<Users>\Documents\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\ePOSign.exe "C:\Users\<Users>\Documents\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\Build Folder\Build-RIPQ4_172017-1.0.0.0\PkgCatalog.xml" .mcs /a

[12/5/2017 4:08 PM] ePOSign Complete: Exit Code=-1073741515

[12/5/2017 4:08 PM] ePOSign Error:

= EEDK.log - Build log =

[12/5/2017 4:35 PM] ePO Endpoint Deployment Kit: 9.6.1 (Enterprise Edition)

[12/5/2017 4:35 PM] Form Loaded from parameters.

[12/5/2017 4:35 PM] Populating eedkSettings.

[12/5/2017 4:35 PM] eedkSettings Validated

[12/5/2017 4:35 PM] Building package.

[12/5/2017 4:35 PM] Creating Build Folder: "C:\Users\<Users>\Documents\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\Build Folder\Build-SAMPLAPP1000-1.0.0.0"

[12/5/2017 4:35 PM] Copying Source: "C:\Users\<Users>\Documents\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\Repository\MFERemoval100_1516\MFERemoval100_1516\MFERemoval100.exe" to Build: "C:\Users\<Users>\Documents\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\Build Folder\Build-SAMPLAPP1000-1.0.0.0

[12/5/2017 4:35 PM] Creating PkgCatalog: "C:\Users\<Users>\Documents\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\Build Folder\Build-SAMPLAPP1000-1.0.0.0\PkgCatalog.xml"

[12/5/2017 4:35 PM] Creating MCS file: "C:\Users\<Users>\Documents\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\Build Folder\Build-SAMPLAPP1000-1.0.0.0\SAMPLAPP1000-det.mcs"

[12/5/2017 4:35 PM] Running: C:\Users\<Users>\Documents\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\ePOSign.exe "C:\Users\<Users>\Documents\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\Build Folder\Build-SAMPLAPP1000-1.0.0.0\PkgCatalog.xml" .mcs /a

[12/5/2017 4:35 PM] ePOSign Complete: Exit Code=-2147467259

[12/5/2017 4:35 PM] ePOSign Error: Creating unsigned package file using C:\Users\<Users>\Documents\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\Build Folder\Build-SAMPLAPP1000-1.0.0.0\PkgCatalog.xml, encrypting extensions .MCS

Processing catalog xml file C:\Users\<Users>\Documents\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\Build Folder\Build-SAMPLAPP1000-1.0.0.0\PkgCatalog.xml...

Processing XML file: C:\Users\<Users>\Documents\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\Build Folder\Build-SAMPLAPP1000-1.0.0.0\PkgCatalog.xml...

Revision stamp not found, use the current time as Detection Script version

Encrypting file C:\Users\<Users>\Documents\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\Build Folder\Build-SAMPLAPP1000-1.0.0.0\SAMPLAPP1000-det.mcs...

Failed to encrypt file C:\Users\<Users>\Documents\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\Build Folder\Build-SAMPLAPP1000-1.0.0.0\SAMPLAPP1000-det.mcs

Failed to process file: C:\Users\<Users>\Documents\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\Build Folder\Build-SAMPLAPP1000-1.0.0.0\SAMPLAPP1000-det.mcs

Failed to check catalog XML file C:\Users\<Users>\Documents\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\ePO.Endpoint.Deployment.Kit.9.6.1\Build Folder\Build-SAMPLAPP1000-1.0.0.0\PkgCatalog.xml

Skip that.  Started over, put the msvcp71 and msvcr71 in the EEDK directory and poof, it worked

The EEDK getting started Guide provide the information about how to address the issue.

Section 6.5 page 13.

Hi everyone, EEDK can't build these sub-folders which being contained in the source folder, is it right?

Correct. EEDK can take all files in a folder. Subfolders will not be included. If you really need to have a subfolder structure, you can make a ZIP file with all the folder structure and then have the ZIP file and a Batch file with will then unpack the ZIP file when the package is deployed to the endpoint.

Anyone having an issues getting this to run a exe file?

Do i put command to run as ./command.exe or command.exe

Example of CMD file

Where setup.exe and this .CMD is included.

The %SRCDIR% include the location of the Setup.exe included in the EEDK package

:: Set environment to current product folder

pushd "%~dp0"

:: Get software package source directory and set as variable SRCDIR

SET SRCDIR=

for /f "delims=" %%a in ('cd') do @set SRCDIR=%%a

%comspec% /c "%SRCDIR%\setup.exe"

So like this ?

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Yes. Looks correct.

You do not need a CMD for this example. You can execute the SystemInfo.exe directly in the EEDK creation.

Just Systeminfo.exe instead for setup.cmd.

That is what I thought. But even when I swap setup.cmd to SystemInfo.exe nothing is getting executed. Strange behavior. Works fine when running as system. Even made it so the first this the program does it create a file in C:\\Temp\\SystemInfo.log so I can see if it ran at all.

This can be related to that the ePO Master repository is not replicated to the repository your test workstation is using. So there is no package to download so nothing happens.

Check the EEDK Getting started guide. Check the common issues and how to address them.

Thanks, I have't replicated yet.

Hello, I can't create a build for MFERemoval100 get an error say ePOSign Error.

What I can do??

Try placing these two dll's in the same directory as eedk.exe.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jsNGKzqQAFg5E7YfmMrOFHMtPGflXTQs

How to address this issue is included in the EEDK Getting Started Guide.

Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
2 of 2
Last update:
‎09-26-2019 02:38 PM
Updated by:

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community