cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Gateway Cloud Service: FAQ for Cloud Only Customers

Introduction

If you're reading this FAQ, we're assuming you started with the Web Gateway Cloud Service: Introduction first, AND you're using SaaS Web Protection.

FAQ

As a SaaS Web Protection customer (SaaS only), you manage your web policy completely from the SaaS Control Console . You might be using ePO on-premise to manage MCP on your endpoints.

When should I move to the new Global Infrastructure?

When should I switch to ePO Cloud?

• At your leisure, but renewals will automatically be provisioned in ePO Cloud, this is something to consider if you have a monthly or annual subscription.
    • IMPORTANT: Your existing Control Console account will continue to exist in parallel to any ePO Cloud account.

Why should I switch to ePO Cloud?

• If you only use ePO on-premise for managing MCP, this removes need to manage another server on-premise.
    • You want to leverage SAML authentication rather than directory (replaces proxy authentication). See best practice here:
    • New features and products will be added which can only be managed from ePO Cloud.
    • It's included with your license.

How do I start the switch to ePO Cloud today?

What happens to IPRanges used for authentication?

• Moving IP Ranges takes 24 hours to take effect. Moving IPRanges will require that the IP be removed from the Control Console, and added to ePO Cloud.

What happens to my Control Console web policy?

• The policy built in the Control Console will not migrate to ePO Cloud. It will continue to exist in parallel to any ePO Cloud account.
    • The web policy in ePO Cloud is a flat, exception based policy where as the Control Console offered a silo'd policy model. As such the policies are not so easy to migrate automatically.
    • It is possible to migrate some base policy information, please check out the Migration Guide: SaaS Web Protection to McAfee Web Gateway Cloud Service

Can I switch to the Global Infrastructure, and ePO Cloud later?

• Yes. Switching to the new Global Infrastructure is possible without migrating to ePO Cloud. You would do so using your current customer ID.
    • When you do switch to ePO Cloud, a new Customer ID will be provisioned and the proxy settings will need to be updated using the new Customer ID.

What happens if I wait to switch?

• When you renew, services will now be activated in the ePO Cloud (rather than the Control Console).
    • We will soon have an automated way for customers to activate their permanent ePO Cloud account. This will allow you to test or switch ahead of renewal without having to contact your account team.

Labels (1)
Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
2 of 2
Last update:
‎03-20-2018 01:46 PM
Updated by:

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community