cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIEM_IPMI_Configuration_and_Setup.pdf

SIEM_IPMI_Configuration_and_Setup.pdf

This document covers the Remote Management Monitoring (RMM) capabilities released in the 9.4 version of the SIEM operating environment. It covers BIOS upgrade procedures, GUI Setup, the IPMItool command line tool, and the BMC Web Console.

Comments
frank.raa

Hello ,

The BIOS password for 2U appliances seems to be incorrect. The document states "@ppl1n@nc3", but it should be "@ppl1@nc3".

Frank

tstuart

Frank,

Thank you for pointing that out. I have updated the document to reflect that error.

Terry

mcgarl1

Terry, Great documentation! Thanks for sharing.

Question: I recently upgraded from 9.4.0 to 9.4.1, and now cannot launch the IPMI Tool in the browser. I received the message "Page cannot be displayed." When I choose "Diagnose Connection Problems," I get the message "Your PC appears to be configured correctly but the device source (IP Address listed in the configuration) is not responding."

Any ideas on how I can resolve this? Things were working fine prior to the upgrade. Also, when I run the command line ipmitool sel list I get the message "Event Logging Disabled #0x07 | Log area reset/cleared | Asserted"

Thoughts or Ideas?

zikkus

Hi did you figured it out?

mcgarl1

Hi Zikkus,

Unfortunately this is still an issue. I am working with support. I'll keep everyone posted.

pepelepuu

Terry,

I followed this to the letter, and have yet to be able to access the online GUI. Can't ping the assigned ip or anything.

ipmitool itself works though. The ports are know working ports, and cable are know to be working. There is also, green light blinking on all of them. Any advice? (I've had a SR opened for about 2 weeks on this already.

mcgarl1

Pepe,

What build are you on? I'm having the same issue, and was told this is resolved in 9.4.2 Maintenance Release 3

pepelepuu

I was told the same thing, however, That is the build I am using

Ver 9.4.2 Build 20141118

tstuart

LT Gary / Pepelepuu,

My apologies for the challenges you are having and not responding sooner. Let me review the changes made to 9.4.2 and see what the issue may be. 

pepelepuu

Terry,

No problem. I wasn't really expecting any thing in depth. I realize how busy you are. I do appreciate any assistance you may be able to provide.

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎08-27-2014 08:35 AM
Updated by: