cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FakeAlert-Smart Fortress 2012

FakeAlert-Smart Fortress 2012

If you are having trouble removing this threat please have a look at the the attached document from our research team.

Cheers,

Sam

Labels (2)
Comments
alex_n

This is great info!

Thank you very much Sam!

Alex N.

tmini

Went right to Option 4 .  Worked awesome.  Thanks Sam!!!!

Todd

4brown4

Thanks It's really good info!

Maybe it's of topic, so sorry if it is! Now I live in France, and a lot of my firends is asking advice about this rogue (because they are not good in english language) and there is no good info in French language. So maybe there are oportunity to get info about it in french language?

Because I found only one page there mentioned files, entries and so on, ( link )but this is not as good as Sam info!

Sorry again about of topic!

Hayton

@ 4brown4, je vais demander à ce sujet au cours de la prochaine conférence téléphonique.

leslietr

This wasn't really enough help; there were 22-27 different things downloaded that caused additional problems. Maybe its evolved. I ended up using the malware program Malwarebytes...their free trial. I've run a full scan twice and it is still finding objects and it is still blocking outgoing access to malicious site(s) like this one as listed: 83.133.124.191.  and 83.133.122.75 and 83.133.120.247 and 83.133.122.191...

One additional thought: I didn't want Carbonite backing up infected files, so I turned it off for 24 hours.

ellabellamablem

I know NOTHING about computers so the only option is no.4 which sounds risky!  Will McAfee automatically get rid of it once I activate?

Thanks in anticipation.

Hayton

Ah, questions. The place for those is in the Top Threats section of the forum. This is for critiques of the document content, style and presentation. However : yes. Enter the code (hope it's not changed by now) and run the Stinger tool.

There's a big discussion about it on the forum, and I published the activation code HERE.

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎03-14-2012 03:38 AM
Updated by: