Did you mean: 
Amib
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

what is TNS: protocol adapter error?

Hi,

I have 2 sensors that display the following message -

Sensor message: Unable to attach to local server [AVDAP_8593dde4529b32db26fc076595881f36c2ad93] error : [ ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error ]

what should I do?

3 Replies
Gary21
Level 7
Message 2 of 4

Re: what is TNS: protocol adapter error?

@Amib wrote:

Hi,

I have 2 sensors that display the following message -

Sensor message: Unable to attach to local server [AVDAP_8593dde4529b32db26fc076595881f36c2ad93] error : [ ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error ]

what should I do?

The cause of an ORA-12560 error is the occurrence of a generic protocol adapter mistake. This could result from something simple, such as the database not running due to the instance not being set to auto-start. It can also be a temporary error from an SQL*Net client that occurs intermittently

Fae15989
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

An Adapter Error occurs when a SimplePractice customer attempts to publish information to our servers and that action fails. This can occur when saving a template, adding a payment, saving a Progress Note, or any other action where a piece of information can't be saved.

How are you trying to connect, and with what application?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community