cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I being asked to Please Configure Online Backup, if I already have three McAfee Licenses

Why am I being asked to Please configure online backup if i already have three McAfee Licenses- (I also now have red circles with white exclimation marks on my desktpo icons)

3 Replies
Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Why am I being asked to Please Configure Online Backup, if I already have three McAfee Licenses

Hi marisaclu,

Welcome to McAfee Communities. While I am no expert in regards to Online Back-up, I will attempt to assist you. Through the normal initial installation (Complete) of your McAfee Security. You are offered (Online Back-up) as a feature or part of your protection.

In other words, meaning that is is available as part of your particular suite,and you have the prerogative to (Dismiss) or not install. Should it be the case in which you (Have not) chosen to activate/Install. To remove the Red Circles with white exclamation marks.

You can choose to do a Clean Uninstall/Reinstall by following the Guidelines/Instructions from the following Link:    How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal

tool (MCPR)

As directed in the guide, uninstall your McAfee Products from your Control Panel/Programs/Features first and restart. To include Online back-up if listed. Then following removing from your Control panel first, follow up using the Latest MCPR Tool listed in the Guide inserted and restart.

To prevent installing (Online Back-up) when re-installing your software, you can choose the (Custom Install) and not select (Online-Back up).

I hope that this helps to resolve your issues.

Should you feel that you need assistance in doing so,you can always contact Technical Support,and it is (Free)

I might add that moving this to Online Back-up would be more Appropriate, and  get more Attention/Assistance.

Regards,

All the very Best

Catdaddy

Volunteer Moderator 1

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Re: Why am I being asked to Please Configure Online Backup, if I already have three McAfee Licenses

The exclamation marks are because McAfee thinks those files have not been backed up. Usually you only get this when online backup is actually installed did you say yes to the install? As CD says if it annoys you you can uninstall McAfee as he mentioned and install via the custom install path that way you can exclude any feature you wish.

McAfee Online Backup needs to be configured so you can tell the server what files you would like to backup, for which PC, and how often.  If you have 3 licenses then you back backup 3 PCs.  Once you configure you will consume one of your licenses.

By the way - this product is going end of life at the end of the year and will no longer work after Dec 31.

I hope that helps.

Mark

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community