cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wazzz
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

On-line backup in McAfee Total Protection 2011 (by Mozy)

I have just acquired the software today.  On the front box it states that it includes Online backup.  I read a little bit about this and my understanding is that this is a service provided by Mozy.  If you go to Mozy.com they provide 2gb free to anybody.  Is this the same 2gb provided by the McAfee s/w I just bought?  Or is McAfee giving us an additional 2gb on top of the 2gb provided free by Mozy.  If it is the same 2gb, this would be a little bit unfair to the client and somewhat misleading (not to mention that the on-line backup that we paid for with McAfee expires in one year and if we get free with Mozy, it has no expiration date).  Am I totally out of line her or are my assumptions correct?  If I am correct, I would sadly lose a little of faith in the offerring. Thank you.

2 Replies
DoZe
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: On-line backup in McAfee Total Protection 2011 (by Mozy)

Free Mozy backup , Mcafee paid backup they are both the same , only as you said the one on Mozy.com dosn't expire.

You will lose much more faith in Mcafee as time will pass by just so you know, be prepared for it.

Edit: I would like to add also that the software you both is not McAfee Total Protection 2011 , it is the 2010 version , cause McAfee dosn't have a 2011 yet, they only have boxes for it.

Message was edited by: DoZe on 1/23/11 12:27:13 AM CST

Re: On-line backup in McAfee Total Protection 2011 (by Mozy)

Actually 2011 is in beta I have it installed. This 2011 boxing is common with marketing bods though we mods do not like the impression buyers are getting something new.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community