cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

HP Probook 4430S stuck on McAfee screen before windows boot

Hello all,

a friend of mine has brought his HP probook 4430s to me with an issue. When the laptop begins to boot, it will give a "secured by mcafee" screen with an hp logo in the backround but will not prompt for credentials. I am assuming this is some kind of pre-boot encryption provided by mcafee. He tells me that he had deleted his old profile off of his computer before running into this error. The problem i believe is happening is that the mcafee drive encryption is looking for this profile to prompt for creds as he mentions it would list the profile name in this screen. Now that the profile no longer exists, it has no account to referencw. There are files on the computer he wants to retrieve before i put a new windows installation on the machine. Is there anyway to have this encryption screen prompt for creds for a different account? i have tried all function keys, ctrl alt del but the screen does not respond.

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: HP Probook 4430S stuck on McAfee screen before windows boot

This could be related to McAfee Anti Theft. It is end of life and you should contact system manufacturer in order to fix this issue.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community