cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: upgrading DLP 9.2.x to 9.3, anything to watch out for?

Jump to solution

This is kind of a fringe scenario, but I tested it anyway. When I upgraded to 9.2.2, my database was destroyed and I ended up doing a clean install of iManager. Since in 9.2.0, the DR backup was broken, we spend a lot of time and energy on restoring the old data to a lifeboat.

IF you have applied hotfix 883497, AND you are trying to restore your backup to a fresh build, you will get a message during the restore:

Files /data/tmp-backup/source_hotfix_sr.txt and/data/tmp-backup/dest_hotfix_sr.txt differ. Hotfixes are not compatible with backup package.

Upon reviewing the versions between my imanager and the DR archive, I found that while both are running 9.2.2 with hotfix 883497, /stingray/etc/version appears to be appended with the date the 883497 was applied.

9.2.2-130208-1702-2977

BuildType: RELEASE, Branch:Deimos, CN: 46343, Release: 9.2.2, Product: imanager, Client: Deimos-iM-Falcon_CN46343.BN2977_20130208_1702,OS: 2.6.27-12.mlos1

Hotfix-imanager-883497-46694-9.2.2-01_20130709

The workaround I used was to actually modify /stingray/etc/version, and change the last line to match what's in the archive.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

check this kb:  KB78774 and the releases notes of mcafee delp endpoint 9.3:  http://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/24000/PD24527/en_US/d...

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Just completed this last night, here are the steps I took and it worked well.

1. Backup DLP policy

2. Take a snapshot of ePO server (it is a VM)

3. Take a DB backup

4. Log directly onto ePO server

5. Uninstall DLP Management tools from Control Panel (also uninstall from any client systems at this time, such as ePO admins)

6. Uninstall WCF component from Control Panel

7. Reboot server

8. Log back into server and ePO console on server

9. Install extensions from previously downloaded and extracted files

10. Check in software to Master Repository (I dumped it into the Evaluation branch--this step is not immediately needed but I wanted to get it out of the way)

Here is where it got just a little tricky.

11. Open DLP Policy from ePO console, and let management tools re-install (this did not occur on the server, so I did it on my client workstation ePO console).

12. Open DLP policy (previously backed up in step 1) from menu, and apply to ePO (when management tools installed, DLP attempted to do this automatically, but only did rules and not agent config or options, so I discarded and did manually from Menu)

13. Since the DLP management tools would not install automatically on the server, I located the install files I had downloaded, found the Management Tools exe inside of a cab file, extracted it and ran it manually.

14. Verify all is good.

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community