The upgrade instructions are a bit vague in places.
So process as far as i can tell is:
backup policy + assignments
Uninstall DLP management tools from ePO server
upgrade extensions/help file
load policy + assingment information
what happens to the DLP WCF process? there are no upgrade instructions so I assume this version dosnt need it? Should I uninstall it the end?
anything else to watch out for?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Just completed this last night, here are the steps I took and it worked well.
1. Backup DLP policy
2. Take a snapshot of ePO server (it is a VM)
3. Take a DB backup
4. Log directly onto ePO server
5. Uninstall DLP Management tools from Control Panel (also uninstall from any client systems at this time, such as ePO admins)
6. Uninstall WCF component from Control Panel
7. Reboot server
8. Log back into server and ePO console on server
9. Install extensions from previously downloaded and extracted files
10. Check in software to Master Repository (I dumped it into the Evaluation branch--this step is not immediately needed but I wanted to get it out of the way)
Here is where it got just a little tricky.
11. Open DLP Policy from ePO console, and let management tools re-install (this did not occur on the server, so I did it on my client workstation ePO console).
12. Open DLP policy (previously backed up in step 1) from menu, and apply to ePO (when management tools installed, DLP attempted to do this automatically, but only did rules and not agent config or options, so I discarded and did manually from Menu)
13. Since the DLP management tools would not install automatically on the server, I located the install files I had downloaded, found the Management Tools exe inside of a cab file, extracted it and ran it manually.
14. Verify all is good.
Yes there is NO WFC Service anymore in 9.2 and 9.3.
Whats happens as example with the "Mcafee HELPDESK TOOL" which was used to generate Unblock/Uninstall keys for first Level and used the WFC Service to connect to the open?
Is thre are replacment for this?
I don't want to install the DLP Managment console to every First Level Supporters client or Jump Host they have.
I thought this feature was just inside ePO now and users just had to sign in. Have a look around the new menu items and see if the option appears or let me know and ill double check for you.
I called up support to get a more defined answer around 'when' to uninstall it.
Support said to remove it at the same time as you remove the old DLP management tools from the server. Will be giving this a go later today and will see how it goes.
When you upgrade to 9.3 from 9.2, you must upgrade the console along with upgrading the clients.
If a client has 9.3, but you havnt upgraded the console yet. 9.3 agents or endpoints can read 9.2 policies, but they cannot recieve 9.2 policy updates.
So my suggestion would be to upgrade the console first, then the agents. Both need to be done together.
Update the extension//console first always. Apply the policy in backward compatibility mode until you are ready to update the agents.
There is no need to upgrade both at the same time.
Yes thats exactly what I did,, upgraded the management tools/console and set backwards compatability mode and now can upgrade my agents at my lesuire.
Also worth noting that one thing that caught me out was the helpdesk tools app no longer works (as it connects to the DLP WCF service you uninstall) its now all integrated with ePO which is great once you realise and permission it!
Do a Backup of your policies, check and install the new package, remove the OLD management tools, remove WCF and install the new DLP tools after you log in for first time you will see a pop up you only click on convert and this is all