cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andreasjan
Level 7

"Sync" device definition (DLP device control) across multiple ePO server?

Hi,

We are an MNC company, which consists of 1 HQ & 4 oversea branches. Currently, each office (HQ and each branch office) has their own ePO server. As the users are mobile, we want to create a pool of approved device definitions from these 5 offices. I wonder whether there is a manual or automatic sync of device definitions. Meaning, if somebody add an approved device at an office, all other offices will get updated too. Please advise how we can achieve this.

BTW, we will encrypt the USB disks with EEFF. We understand that we can export/import the encryption key. Hence we can distribute the key to other offices for encryption/recovery purpose.

Appreciate any advise!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
vimalnavis
Level 13

Re: "Sync" device definition (DLP device control) across multiple ePO server?

If you can, use a single policy across all the ePO servers. That would be the easiest way to manage device exceptions across multiple ePO servers.

It is also very important that the procurement and management of approved/encrypted devices be controlled (i.e. users do not decide what device to buy).

0 Kudos
andreasjan
Level 7

Hi vimalnavis, thank you for the response. However, I am not sure how I can achieve it. Could you please enlighten me on how to use a single (device control) policy across all the ePO servers?

0 Kudos
vimalnavis
Level 13

Choose one your ePO servers as a Primary. Make all policy changes on that server (i.e. the test server associated with that primary ePO server).

Use the Save As option within DLP Policy console to create a backup of the policy files.

Import the three OPG(x) files on other servers, change the Policy Description, Apply to ePO and you are done.

0 Kudos
andreasjan
Level 7

I also think of exporting the device definition only because each office might have different device control (DLP) policies. Basically by combining all the approved devices definition groups, the USB disks from all offices are recognised by each ePO server. Please advise whether this is possible.

0 Kudos