cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lexyus
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

paste confidential information/digital asset from clipboard to chat windows in IM

Jump to solution

Hi guys, i have something that makes me wonder.

Let say I have a Microsoft Excel file which name is “weekly report.xlsx”, I’m already creating a DLP policy which block that file being sent through email, webmail, IM, and so on.

If then someone attach that file to send it from IM, such as Skype, the DLP will block it. But if that user copy the whole content in that file (Ctrl + A) to clipboard and paste it on Skype chat window, will DLP block it too?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
palex
Level 11
Message 2 of 5

Re: paste confidential information/digital asset from clipboard to chat windows in IM

Jump to solution

Hi, lexyus!

You must make Clipboard Protection Rule:

Step1-2 - next,

Step 3 - choose you tag or/and content category (you text what user copy the whole content in that file (Ctrl + A)),

Step 4 - choose IM Applications,

Step 5 - Block, Monitor (what you whant to choose),

Step 6 - user groups.

And test it.

Regards.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
palex
Level 11
Message 2 of 5

Re: paste confidential information/digital asset from clipboard to chat windows in IM

Jump to solution

Hi, lexyus!

You must make Clipboard Protection Rule:

Step1-2 - next,

Step 3 - choose you tag or/and content category (you text what user copy the whole content in that file (Ctrl + A)),

Step 4 - choose IM Applications,

Step 5 - Block, Monitor (what you whant to choose),

Step 6 - user groups.

And test it.

Regards.

View solution in original post

lexyus
Level 7
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi Palex,

thank you for your reply. So basically, we can block it too right? and i able to add any IM apps which not listed before? let say if i have my custom IM apps between my local network?

Currently i'm using evalution license to test it. In my ePO protection rules there's only add new -> removable storage protection rules. I wonder if my issue is because license? there's no option to add new clipboard protection rules.

Thanks,

Regards

palex
Level 11
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi, lexyus!

Yes - you can block it,

yes - you can add any IM apps which not listed before.

If you have not turned on or is not a function of the clipboard, it seems to me you do not have permission to license.

Regards.

lexyus
Level 7
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi Palex,

thank you for your answer. I will contact a distributor for further request

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community