cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

high CPU consumption by Mcafee products

Today in the afternoon I was a victim of slowness of my computer due to a problem, I continue with the problem until now, because there is a high CPU consumption, I see that a Mcafee service is running but I think it is exaggerating consuming so much CPU. ( image 1)

When I closed mail and Chrome, I got this. ( image 2)

how do I solve it?

2 Replies
Allwyn_GI
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: high CPU consumption by Mcafee products

Hi @angie102030,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. To find out more about the issue. Please follow the below steps and update us with the outcome.

1.  Make sure your McAfee subscription is up-to date - The latest version of McAfee 16.0.R29.
  2.  Next, please check for other AV installed or had one installed and did not use its own removal       tool to remove it. Parts might be clashing with McAfee.
  3. Also, from the screenshot the McAfee scanner services were running. Was McAfee scan initiated or scheduled automatically during the time when the screenshot was taken?
  4. Finally, please uninstall, reinstall McAfee and check if you encounter the same issue again after reinstall

You can use the below link to remove McAfee

How to remove McAfee

After removing McAfee, restart your computer - Run the preinstall tool and then reinstall the McAfee software.

You can use the below link to use the preinstall tool

Preinstall Tool

Also if  you could, please provide us with a screenshot of your computer specifications - (available RAM, processor it is running). 

Regards,
Allwyn I

Re: high CPU consumption by Mcafee products

Actually user has a corporate version ie DLP endpoint  Needs corporate assistance

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community