Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JKBH1
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

fcagte downloading?

I have a user who is getting a download notification dialog similar to OneDrive https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4042378/windows-10-automatic-file-download-notifications

The dialog states:

fcagte is downloading from <some internal folder> 

Learn more in Automatic file download settings. 

Automatic file downloads.

Anybody seen this? We are running HDLP 11.1.100.232. Thought fcagte is just scanning but getting downloaded is a whole new element.

2 Replies
McAfee Employee DLP_RS
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: fcagte downloading?

Please log a Service Request with McAfee Technical Support if not done yet\you are still seeing the issue. Thanks!

JKBH1
Level 9
Message 3 of 3

Re: fcagte downloading?

I did and McAfee support ruled out this as a Microsoft notification issue. Microsoft's knowledge article suggested turning off the notification and this went away. This part made sense.

However, the part that is not making sense is why would the fcagte.exe be part of the download process within OneDrive or SharePoint. I searched for the folders being synced with OneDrive/SharePoint and that fcagte.exe was nowhere to be found. I have also reached out to Microsoft - they could not answer my question. McAfee has pointed fingers to Microsoft so this remains a mystery why that fcagte is popping up from time to time in the notification for some of our users.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community