jsubbura
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 15

Re: fcagchrome64.dll - Bad image

Hi @Jde ,

Thank you for the information.

Kindly raise a support case with McAfee Technical Support with all these information to perform indepth troubleshooting of this issue. 

Regards,
Jithendran S
McAfee Employee

Was there ever a solution found for this issue? We've been having the same issue since the end of last year.

Also before I get a comment about it, I originally raised a ticket with support back in January and after a few months of going back and forth to try and re-create the issue and provide logs/evidence I was eventually told to go talk to Google about McAfee's DLP solution having an issue with Chrome since no one else was having this issue. Fast forward a few months to now and it appears others are also having the same issue.

I'm not really looking to open what would now be the 3rd - 4th ticket to solve this if it's just going to end there again. Just looking to see if other users have found a solution to this via support or on their own.

Jde
Level 8
Message 13 of 15

I have yet to find a resolution to this issue. It is occurring less frequently, but my suspicion is that it is related to the Chrome Software Reporter tool.

clarke
Level 8
Message 14 of 15

Hi, I just got a response from McAfee Support with the following. It might help for you as well. I have not implemented yet, but will be giving it a try shortly. I just wanted to give you guys the feedback as well, seeing as you are also having the issue.

==========================================================
The error means "Digital signature could not be verified".

Can you please check and update the root certificate for chrome browser on all the machines?

Explanation -

The DLP chrome extension is stored in the chrome web store.
You install DLP and turn on chrome handler, we tell chrome to go the extension.
Chrome downloads it.
It checks the certificate of the extension.
Chrome tries to verify the certificate by going to the issuer and verifying the root certificate.
For some reason, at your site, this isn't happening.

In order to update the McAfee root certificate please follow the KB - https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB92937 and https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB92948.
==========================================================

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 15 of 15

Kudos to Clarke, who seems to have found the answer. I downloaded and ran USERTrust_2038.bat to fix the expired cert issue on my machine this morning, and it has resolved the issue (so far).

You can confirm the expired certificates by opening certmgr and running Find for SHA1 Hash
02faf3e291435468607857694df5e45b68851868
(copy and paste that bad boy) in all certificate stores and you'll see a certificate that expired on 5/30/2020.

If you go to https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB92937 you can find a couple of different ways to address the issue besides the .bat file, including downloading the cert and installing via GPO or via EPO server if you want to update all the certs across the enterprise.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community