cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acurablade
Level 7

fcag.exe process high CPU

Hi All,

having an issue where fcag.exe and other fcag*.exe processes run and max out the CPU at 100% during startup. i have already excluded the processes from VSE. any other ideas?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
rikwakefield
Level 7

Re: fcag.exe process high CPU

I am also experiencing this problem on my infrastructure.

The fcag.exe process takes massive amounts of CPU and memory, to the pont machines become unusable.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

0 Kudos
Raja
Level 9

You'll need to open an SR with support.   There are many causes of high CPU.

0 Kudos
amitranjn
Level 7

Hi,

I was also facing similar problem fcag.exe taking high memory. Actually it occurs because of scheduled document discovery scanning. I resolved it by scheduling the discovery scanning on Sunday and the problem was ressolved.

0 Kudos
CIPHENT.com
Level 11

How many systmes are affected? Is this only happening on a few systems? Try running procmon and see.

- AB

0 Kudos
kevinf
Level 7

Hi,

We seem to have the same issue.

Regards

Kevin

Message was edited by: kevinf on 3/29/10 4:20:43 AM CDT
0 Kudos
avaissohail
Level 7

HI

I have identify one thing during my wrestling against High CPU utilization of Fcag & Fcagte  and i..e

Disable access protection rule. You will see the CPU Utilization of fcag and Fcagte drops tremendously.

Now I am checking which module of access protection is responsible for the high CPU Utilization.

0 Kudos
ciberpuch
Level 9

also I have the problem that my CPU is at 100% and is the process and I FCAGTE.EXE the pc unusable

Thanks

0 Kudos
alexn
Level 14

FCAGTE.EXE is Text extractor, it extract the comtent and put it for fcag.exe to process.fcag.exe is agent process.

Here I would suggest to run McAfee profiler to see what causing these processes to eat up too much CPU.

Check your base rule and tag configuration is too broad? and it's causing the dlp agent to scan too many files too often for too many criteria.

Message was edited by: alexn on 2/8/13 4:52:39 PM CST
0 Kudos