cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

ePO 5.1.1 missing "Run at every Policy enforcement" - is there a fix for this?

Jump to solution

Hi

I have just upgraded to ePO 5.1.1 and all seemed fine until I upgraded DLP to 9.3.200.23 and when I create a client task I had no option to "Run at every Policy enforcement"

My other products still run at every policy enforcement except for DLP which was upgraded after the ePO upgrade.

Is this a known issue? and is there a fix that anyone knows of?

Thanks

Morello

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troja
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Re: ePO 5.1.1 missing "Run at every Policy enforcement" - is there a fix for this?

Jump to solution

Hi all,

this settings was moved to the Produt deployment.

product_deployment.jpg

Cheers,

Thorsten

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ansarias
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: ePO 5.1.1 missing "Run at every Policy enforcement" - is there a fix for this?

Jump to solution

Hello,

Please check if your ePO is having latest Extensions, I'll suggest not to use this option during product deployment task, which will lead to Agent-to-Server communication intermittently fails.

because ePO has a maximum limit of 245 connections to the Server Service (Apache). When Product Deployment tasks are configured to run at every policy enforcement, the Agents will request files from the server at a rapid and consistent rate. This causes incoming connections to quickly reach the cap, especially if these tasks are assigned to a large number of systems in the environment.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi ansarias.

The problem was that I had the latest ePO extensions and the  "Run at every Policy enforcement" option has now been removed and is no longer available

Thanks for the other information that you mentioned . Makes perfect sense:)

Regards

Morello

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Hello morello!

You tryed upgrade DLP to 9.3.300, that version was performed for ePO 5.1.1.

Regards,

wtobar

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi wtobar

The issue was not DLP specific. It was just about not been able to run tasks at every enforcement.

Thorsten provided the correct answer!

Thanks for your help:)

Morello

Troja
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi all,

this settings was moved to the Produt deployment.

product_deployment.jpg

Cheers,

Thorsten

View solution in original post

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi Thorsten

Thank you for your answer. It was what I was looking for.

Thanks again

Morello

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community