cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

datalossd process high cpu on Mac

Jump to solution

Have an end-user who's Mac is having issues with high cpu.  The datalossd process consumes the majority of the cpu cycles.  Am I assuming correctly that this process is McAfee DLP?

Annotation.png

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee JaganA
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 8 of 9

Re: datalossd process high cpu on Mac

Jump to solution

Yes, the fix has been included in 11.1.100 & 11.2 as well, you can use one of these versions.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

JaganA
McAfee Employee

Was my reply helpful?
If yes, click "Accept as Solution" in my reply and together we can help other members?
8 Replies
McAfee Employee DLP_RS
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

datalossd is a DLP process. Please share the DLP for MAC version and OS details.

Additionally, was it working earlier? Any recent changes made? Number of machines affected.

Jump to solution

So currently only one user has brought up the issue.

User is running Mojave 10.14.3
DLP Endpoint 11.1.0.45

User states that the issue has been occuring for some time now (several weeks).  We have been running the same version of the McAfee products for several months now.

McAfee Employee DLP_RS
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

Please check if  Local Discovery rule applied on the policy?

It can be verified under McAfee Console UI to see if there's a scan running on the client machine.

Jump to solution

Can this be verified in ePO?  The user is in a meeting and I do not have access to the system at the moment.

McAfee Employee JaganA
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

@hugo2069It was a known issue and got fixed in DLP for MAC v11.1.3. I would rather say, install the latest version.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

JaganA
McAfee Employee

Was my reply helpful?
If yes, click "Accept as Solution" in my reply and together we can help other members?
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@JaganA  I checked the product download page and I only see version 11.1.100.8, as the latest version of 11.1 and then 11.2 is also available.  Do not see 11.1.3

McAfee Employee JaganA
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

Yes, the fix has been included in 11.1.100 & 11.2 as well, you can use one of these versions.

Was my reply helpful?

JaganA
McAfee Employee

Was my reply helpful?
venkyi
Level 7
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

Thank you very much, Now I am able to fix this issue with the support of all the answers shared under this thread, it really means a lot to my problem, Thanks.

Thanks & Regards,

fmwhatsapp inc.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community