Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
morello
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

block all wireless communication rule not working in DLP 9.4.2 on ePO 5.3.1

Hi

I have recently installed DLP 9.4.2 into our ePO 5.3.1 server and then converted our 9.3.600 policies to 9.4. I then created a new rule set with a "USB blocking rule" and a "Block Wireless Communication" rule and added this to the "My Default DLP Policy" which has been deployed to the test machine.

The configuration for the Wireless rule I copied from here - McAfee KnowledgeBase - How to block all wireless communication (Wi-Fi) devices using Data Loss Preve...

The issue I am having is that the "USB blocking" rule is working fine but not the "Block Wireless Communication" rule. I followed all the steps including changing the Network Adapters Device Class to "Managed" in the DLP policy Settings.

On the test machine I am trying to get this to work on in the System Tree and under "DLP user Sessions" I can see the Wireless rule I created under  Device Rules: Plug and Play and the USB Blocking rule is under Device Rules: Removable Storage.

I can still see wireless network connections even when plugged into the LAN although my DLP "Online Reaction" is set to Block and "Offline Reaction" set to No Action.

I must have missed some thing although I did follow the document correctly and the policy is working regards the USB Blocking rule.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Regards

Morello

1 Reply
epository
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: block all wireless communication rule not working in DLP 9.4.2 on ePO 5.3.1

http://www.slideshare.net/KyleTaylor24/kyle-taylor-increasing-your-security-posture-using-mc-afee-ep...

I did a presentation on how we do this last year.....take a look to see if it helps out

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community