cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Communications Management With McAfee DLP

Hi,

I have difficulties to create a McAfee DLP Policy which allow to manage the wireless communications.

I'll explain :
In my company, it is possible to connect to the Enterprise Network by using a wireless or wired access.
We have a dedicated subnet for the workstations that connect to the Enterprise Network using a wireless access.

My goal is to block all wireless communications only when my laptop connected to the wired Enterprise Network.

In my McAfee DLP Policy (Windows Client Configuration) > Corporate connectivity settings > Corporate Network Detection, I selected the "by testing connectivity to any of the following corporate servers"
option and added a corporate Server Address + Port

In my McAfee ENS Firewall Policy > Rules, I created a dedicated group for the "Enterprise wifi access" and added a firewall rule which block access to the corporate server.

I successfully tested My McAfee ENS Firewall Policy.

When I apply my McAfee DLP Policy (+ My McAfee ENS Firewall Policy) and I try to access to the Enterprise Network (wifi), after a few seconds, McAfee DLP block wireless communications.
I have the feeling that the DLP Connectivity test bypass my McAfee ENS Firewall Policy.

is this possible ?

Is it possible with McAfee DLP to :

- Block all Wireless Communications when my laptop connected to the Enterprise network (wired)

And

- Allow the wireless communications for other situations (External Nomadism or Connect to the Enterprise Network by using an Enterprise Wifi Access).

Best Regards,

Thomas

1 Reply

Re: Wireless Communications Management With McAfee DLP

I would suggest to go with Network communication protection rule.

specify the network attributes you want the rule to filter on.
Each attribute can only be added once to a rule.
• Source IP Address — Specify an IP address or an IP address and netmask.
• Destination IP Address — Specify an IP address or an IP address and netmask.
• Source Port — Specify a port in the range of 0-65535.
• Destination Port — Specify a port in the range 0-65535.
• VLAN ID — Specify the VLAN tag ID. Untagged traffic uses the default 4095 ID.
• Transport Protocol — Choose from TCP or UDP.
• Application Protocol — Select the protocol you want the rule to match on.
• SOCKS Encapsulation — Select whether the traffic is encapsulated.
• Sender Email Address — Specify the sender email address to match against.
• Recipient Email Address List — Specify the recipient email address to match against.
• URL — Specify the HTTP URL.

Example : IP range of wifi will 192.167.x.1 to 255. Select the source IP range & create definition list for same.

One more thing, for McAfee DLP Policy (Windows Client Configuration) > Corporate connectivity settings --> This setting will be used to connect the ePO server (either by ePO server or IP address:port for ePO server communication).

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community