Did you mean: 
McAfee Employee brianafarro
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Windows 7 SP1 HDLP Agent Support

Jump to solution

Hello everyone!

Is anyone aware of when the HDLP Agent will officially be supported on Windows 7 SP1?

Also, even though it is not officially supported, has anyone seen the HDLP 9.1 Agent actually work on Windows 7 SP1. In my experience, not a single policy will apply on a Windows 7 SP1 system.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Re: Windows 7 SP1 HDLP Agent Support

Jump to solution

Thanks to everyone for your responses. As an FYI for everyone, the response that I received from McAfee Support is that Windows 7 SP1 is supported for the HDLP Agent.

As per KB68147, Windows 7 32 - bit and 64 - bit are supported AND as per KB50473, SP1 is supported within 30 business days of the official Microsoft GA date, unless otherwise specified - which is not the case.

Also FYI, KB56386 mentioned in a response above is regarding environmental requirements for agent deployment from the EPO server - it is not related to HDLP.

Therefore, Windows 7 SP1 is officially supported for use with the latest HDLP Agent.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Jump to solution

I am sure it is offically supported or not, but I am using it on Windows 7 SP1 without any problems.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

As per kB#:KB56386, it's not supported.

on 24/5/11 8:08:20 AM IST
Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
tonyw
Level 12
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Please refer to https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB68147 for supported environments.

McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Thanks to everyone for your responses. As an FYI for everyone, the response that I received from McAfee Support is that Windows 7 SP1 is supported for the HDLP Agent.

As per KB68147, Windows 7 32 - bit and 64 - bit are supported AND as per KB50473, SP1 is supported within 30 business days of the official Microsoft GA date, unless otherwise specified - which is not the case.

Also FYI, KB56386 mentioned in a response above is regarding environmental requirements for agent deployment from the EPO server - it is not related to HDLP.

Therefore, Windows 7 SP1 is officially supported for use with the latest HDLP Agent.

View solution in original post

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community