Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrewdean
Level 7

Web Post protection rule not firing

Jump to solution

HI all,

I have a web post protection rule, which all I want to occur is to monitor and store in evidence all web posts.

I have setup a very basic web protection rule (basically the default rule setup options). I have applied the rule to the same group the my email protection rule and is working.

Just for some reason I'm not seeing web posts.

I'm running :

EPO 4.6.3

DLP 9.2.200.23

Workstations SOE use IE9

anyone aware of any reasons I can get this to fire?

Regards.

Andrew.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
keithdrone
Level 10

Re: Web Post protection rule not firing

Jump to solution

Silly quesiton, in your Agent configuration do you have the browser addins enabled?  There is one for IE and one for FF.

Also, 9.3 seems to have a bit more reliability with browser versions, since 9.2 has some serious version limitations.   You'll need to doublecheck the version compability with DLP 9.2.2

0 Kudos
2 Replies
keithdrone
Level 10

Jump to solution

Silly quesiton, in your Agent configuration do you have the browser addins enabled?  There is one for IE and one for FF.

Also, 9.3 seems to have a bit more reliability with browser versions, since 9.2 has some serious version limitations.   You'll need to doublecheck the version compability with DLP 9.2.2

0 Kudos
andrewdean
Level 7

Jump to solution

That was it, Firefox was selected but not IE for what ever reason. I ticked the option save and applied policy, woke up all my clients, and began to see web post events.

thanks heap,

Andrew.

0 Kudos