cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Verify Regex Expression with DLP

Jump to solution

Hi,

Before anyone starts panicking, I do not need help creating Regex Expression 😁. However all I need is if there is a way to verify if the expression will work before it is being implemented. I have created some fairly simple expressions which I can verify using online tools, which are then saved fine when added to the definition, but then once the policy is applied and updated on the endpoint, they either do not seem to work or they are being ignored.

I have managed to get a few expression working after several changes and trial and errors, however that can be quite frustrating. 

Many thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee JaganA
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Verify Regex Expression with DLP

Jump to solution

@Linuxxo Even though the custom Regex Expression is valid, no guarantee that DLP can recognize them.

The product coding has to be adjusted accordingly followed by QA testing.

So the statement what we share is, custom Regex may or may not work fine with DLP. I know, you may not like with this statement, regret for the same.

JaganA
McAfee Employee

Was my reply helpful?
If yes, click "Accept as Solution" in my reply and together we can help other members?
2 Replies
McAfee Employee JaganA
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

@Linuxxo Even though the custom Regex Expression is valid, no guarantee that DLP can recognize them.

The product coding has to be adjusted accordingly followed by QA testing.

So the statement what we share is, custom Regex may or may not work fine with DLP. I know, you may not like with this statement, regret for the same.

JaganA
McAfee Employee

Was my reply helpful?
If yes, click "Accept as Solution" in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Thanks for your answer. I guess that I have to keep trying until it works, not ideal but I have no other choice ☹️.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community