Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
challiwag
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 14

Upgrade to 9 patch 1

Is the upgrade from 9 to patch 1 as simple as checking the new software/extensions in ? or do you have to upgrade the DLPWCF service as well ?

Non of the documentation is very clear, it talks about upgrading from pre 9.0 versions.

13 Replies
csteels
Level 9
Message 2 of 14

Re: Upgrade to 9 patch 1

In the same situation and a little apprehensive about guessing the correct way of doing it!

You need to upgrade your DLPWCS service as well. Also from where you will be accessing DLP policy manager, you need to un-install current DLP tools and re-install 9.1 DLP tools.

- Amiya

challiwag
Level 10
Message 4 of 14

Yeah, I had guessed I had to do all this. I went ahead with it and all was fine.

Installed by intuition, too

Do you use MigrationTool for something? what is it used?

challiwag
Level 10
Message 6 of 14

No, I didnt use the migration tool, I thought it was for migrating from 2.2 up to 3.x or 9.x

has anyone had any first hand experience of doing this? I am looking to roll this out in the new year to replace 9.0 but like the other post indicated the documentation is not very clear.

If anyone has any tips\pointers or anything to look out for that would be great!

Mark

Hope this can help:

1. Install/update WCF: DLPWCFServiceInstaller.msi

2. Install management extension HDLP_9_1_0_xxx.zip

3. Pull the Agent package to the repository: HDLPAgent_9_1_0_xxx.zip

BR

Highlighted

Sorry, one last question - was there any negative impact on clients running DLP ver 9.0 after upgrading everything in ePO to 9.1... I would like to install the console portion and check in the new packages and take a phased roll out approach to upgrade current systems running 9.0 then tackle my Windows 7 x64 machines.

Thanks!

Mark

JoeyMc
Level 10
Message 10 of 14

Mark,

Please let us know if you are successful with Windows 7 x64.

Please see my post about the issue I am experiencing: https://community.mcafee.com/message/165038#165038

I am going to open up a ticket with McAfee today.

Thanks,

Joey

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center