cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade of NDLP virtual images, has anyone done this ? Is this supported with NDLP 9.3 ?

Hi all,

Has anyone upgraded the mcafee ndlp virtual images ?

I am not able to find anything on this anywhere ?

Many Thanks

7 Replies
jhall2
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: Upgrade of NDLP virtual images, has anyone done this ? Is this supported with NDLP 9.3 ?

The upgrade of NDLP virtual appliances is the same process as the NDLP 4400 or 5500 hardware appliances. Prior to upgrading, please review the product guide for the specific version you are upgrading to for the required steps and as always, it is suggested a backup is taken.

Re: Upgrade of NDLP virtual images, has anyone done this ? Is this supported with NDLP 9.3 ?

dlp.PNG

i did try that but upgrade doesn't go through.

NDLP manager: 9.3.0 and i am trying to upgrade to 9.3.3

NDLP Discover: 9.3.0 trying to upgrade to 9.3.3

i've tried upgrading on pri, sec and both.

so manager first needs to be upgraded to 9.3.3 isn't and then the application. Correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks

Lelouch
Level 7
Message 4 of 8

Hello!

I create a virtual lab for replicate an error.

My procedure was:

1. Installed: iManager, iDiscover, iPrevent, iMonitor; all them in version 9.2

2. Upgrade: iManager, iDiscover, iPrevent, iMonitor; all them in version 9.3

- copy with winscp <platform>.tar.gz to /Data/install

- uncompress: # tar  -xvzf /Data/install/<platform>.tar.gz

- Validate the partition in use: #system_info

- Install or upgrade in the partition non use:  #cd /Data/install

#./install_to_sec <platform>

where platform is iprevent, imanager, idiscover, imonitor

NOTE:  The installation will be in the partition is not in use, for example, if you run the command: system_info and the primary partition is used, so, you install in the second partition.

Regards,

Walter

Hi Walter,

Thanks for the reply,

I have built all the devices using the iso and then converted to idiscover, iprevent and imonitor. How the upgrade of the software works if the base OS is not upgraded ?

Regards

Yogesh

tonyw
Level 12
Message 6 of 8

Walter's response is correct.  Those steps are on par with the product guide.

From your screenshot you're using ./installdlp as your command which is not correct.

If this is an upgrade, follow Walter's commands using the ./install_to_<partition> command formatted as shown once the partition in use is found (system_info command).

If primary is in use, install to secondary.  If secondary is in use, install to primary.

Example of discover upgrading on the secondary partition.

./install_to_sec idiscover .

Note the trailing period.  Failure to use will cause the install to fail.

If this is a new installation (installing Discover over Manager for example) then use the following command. (this will wipe out all policies and data on the device)

./install_new_full idiscover .

Hope that helps

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried this, but installation is not appearing after.

What process can be followed to upgrade from 9.3.0 to 9.3.3 ?

Thanks

tonyw
Level 12
Message 8 of 8

On the appliance you're doing the upgrade on, get a history via the history command.

# history

Copy and paste the section where you ran the commands for the upgrade here for us to review.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community