Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Unable to remove DLP Manual Classification

Jump to solution

Hi,

I've been testing the Manual Classification in our environment but instead of configuring it only for myself, the configuration got applied for everyone in the company. Now whenever they try to save a file they get the pop-up window to classify the file. I have removed all the manual classification that i set up and initiated a "wake up agent" for all PCs but even after the wake up completed, the users are still getting the pop-up message for classifying the file.

I followed the article backwards and removed all the manual classification i have set up but it appears that the configuration(or part of it) is still applied.

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Documents/How-to-use-Manual-Classification-in-DLP-Endpoint/ta-p/5518...

I would appreciate any help with this issue.

Thanks in advance,
Desislav

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to remove DLP Manual Classification

Jump to solution

In ePO-> Data Protection-> Classification-> Manual Classification-> View-> General Settings-> "Office file classification" and "Outlook mail classification", can you confirm if you enabled "Force end user to classify file" feature?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

In ePO-> Data Protection-> Classification-> Manual Classification-> View-> General Settings-> "Office file classification" and "Outlook mail classification", can you confirm if you enabled "Force end user to classify file" feature?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi @Dilev ,

You can learn about the DLP Manual classifications by seeing this 7 minutes video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpDrmH2jSp4

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos

Thank you

Regards,
Jithendran S
McAfee Employee
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community