Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Tagging Rule proplem.

Hi,

I have a problem in tagging Rules.

It gows like this:

if i create a tagging rule that recognises the pattern "top cat" and one for the pattern "cat" i have the following problem: the document will be classified bouth "top cat" and "cat".

The text patterns are like this:

\b(?!top )cat\b for "cat"                                                        ?< !  (Lookback)    - dose not work

(?:top) +(?:cat) for "top cat"

thank you very much!

Andrei.

5 Replies

Re: Tagging Rule proplem.

For matching "top cat", just use \btop\scat\b. Also try this with content categories instead of tagging.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 3 of 6

The problem is with "cat" , i have to make the regex to look back and ignore "top". It marks my document bouth "cat" and "top cat". this is the problem i have to solve.

Thank you for your time.

Highlighted

Got it. Use this expression to exclude top and any number of spaces between top and cat.

\b(?<!top\s+)cat\b

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 5 of 6

it dosen't work i don't know why? it dosen't tag my documet.

Highlighted

Does your document have more than ~700 characters? Tagging has minimum character requirements.

Use the same RegEx with Content Category (which does not have any minimum character requirement)

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community