Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Smartphones skip USB rule

With Device Rule, I've set it to "Only read", any pendrive shows the dlp McAfee message, but when any device with android and expandable memory is connected, the rule doesn't  apply and all documents can be copied. I tried with many devices with android, some without expandable memory, but still skipping the rule.

3 Replies

Re: Smartphones skip USB rule

Hi,

Have you set the rule as 'removeable storage' ? If so, it will not pick up most smart phones. You will need a PNP rule to block those.

Set a monitor all for PNP on your UAT box, plug the phone in and confirm what it is beign detected as..

Thanks

Superhoop.

Highlighted

Check how the device identifies itself to the OS as.

Almost all smart phones use MTP to connect to the OS. RSD rules will not work for these devices.

Either use PnP rules (after extensive testing) or upgrade to 9.3P1 or P2 which supports MTP for RSP rules.

Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for reply, it works for some smartphones but other still skipping the rule, most of them are chinese models so it is not generic and for now, I can't block everything, i used the next link

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB73171

I still work on it

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community