Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Removable storage device rule: device definition AND Excluded users

Within DLP 10 I have configured a Removable Storage Device rule. The Condition applies to all Removable storage devices and is applicable to all users. Under Exceptions I have configured a Device definition to enable a specific type of USB drive to be writable. I have noticed that we are able to define users who are excluded from the device rule. However, it has been requested that the exclusion is applicable to Users who are a member of a particular group AND have the approved USB media. From what I can see this can only be set as an OR. Is this correct or am I able to meet our requirements?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Removable storage device rule: device definition AND Excluded users

The separate exclusion types are 'or' statements.  Sounds like you're looking for serial/user pair:

Highlighted
Level 8
Message 3 of 3

Re: Removable storage device rule: device definition AND Excluded users

Hi hhoang,

Many thanks for coming back and for pointing out the Excluded Serial Number & User pairs exception.

This slightly differs from our original requirements however this approach is actually far more secure. From what I understand this pairs a fully qualified user name with the serial number of a particular device. Our original intention was to pair members of an AD group with the ability to write to a configured device definition. From what I can gather this is not possible. Am I correct?

If this is the case, I intend to propose SN & User pairs. I assume you are able to pair a SN with multiple users?

Thanks in advance,

James

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community