RW / RO / Block rules by S/N+User for Removable Storage Devices - is this possible?
Actual DLP version 11.6.400 under ePO 5.10 up 11, but, as I'm suspecting, this is not important - that question is regarding DLP rules architecture.
The goal is to implement DLP behavior for removable storage devices with such logics:
- If the device S/N and logged-in user name pair are in "RW White List", the user gets the Read-Write access to device;
- If the device S/N and logged-in user name pair are in "RO White List", the user gets the Read-Only access to device;
- Any other combination must give no access;
- All attempts to attach the device should be logged;
- The 'exception' like "the same pair is listed in both lists" is treated as 'OK', it might lead to particular result (RW or RO access).
The problem is:
- I see the solution for S/N device identification only. Three DLP storage device rules and two white lists by serial number (RW and RO) - the blocking one with 2 white list exceptions, the read-only one, and read-write one (look at the picture);
But I see no solution for triple (Block / RW / RO) choice by S/N+User pair. Just because the S/N+User pair list allowed to be used as DLP rule exception, but does not allowed to be used as DLP rule condition.
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.
Community Help Hub
New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.