cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Question about credit card number.

I want to block user to save the credit card number on local drive. But I know the McAfee DLP can block it.

A question : After block, in log will masking or not show the credit card number, or not?

Thank you all!

Message was edited by: SafeBoot - tidied up subject.  on 6/29/14 10:40:00 AM EDT
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Question about credit card number.

DLPe content rules do not block any content from being saved to the local drive.

Highlighted

McAfee DLPe is the only one I've used where it won't block saving of files to local or network drives.   If this is a requirement for your organization, try putting in a PER or switching solutions.

Highlighted

Hi,

Can DLP also block storing the credit card information in cloud storage like google drive, or evernote or dropbox?

Regards

Gopal.

Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 5

hi

yes, DLP can block storing the credit card information in cloud storage like google drive, or evernote or dropbox.

thanks,

Mohannad

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community