cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proximity and Exclusions for Classification Criteria

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have setup a Proximity for a Classification Criteria, using a Dictionary and an Advance Patters, and this is working perfectly, however now I have a need to ignore the Classification if certain keywords are found on a document. What would be the best way to achieve that?

Many thanks in advance.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee Mreaden
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Proximity and Exclusions for Classification Criteria

Jump to solution

Linuxxo,

You should be able to use the same rule, but you would need to add an exception to the rule. 

You would first need to create a classification using the keyword criteria you desire to be ignored.  

In the rule in question, go to the exception tab, click Actions, Add Rule Exception. 

Name the rule and complete the "Classification of" section using the both the newly created classification from above and the Classification that was used in under the Condition tab.

I hope this helps. 

Thanks

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Many thanks for your help, it worked perfectly after creating a new Classification with the keywords that I wanted to exclude in the Rule Set.

👍👍👍👍👍

2 Replies
McAfee Employee Mreaden
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Linuxxo,

You should be able to use the same rule, but you would need to add an exception to the rule. 

You would first need to create a classification using the keyword criteria you desire to be ignored.  

In the rule in question, go to the exception tab, click Actions, Add Rule Exception. 

Name the rule and complete the "Classification of" section using the both the newly created classification from above and the Classification that was used in under the Condition tab.

I hope this helps. 

Thanks

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Many thanks for your help, it worked perfectly after creating a new Classification with the keywords that I wanted to exclude in the Rule Set.

👍👍👍👍👍

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator