cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting the option to manually tag a file in windows explorer.

Hi,

I have aenabled manual tagging for Everyone as well as for selected users (For testing purpose) but IAm not getting the option to Manually tag any file in the windows explorer context menu.

How to troubleshoot?

Thanks

6 Replies

Re: Not getting the option to manually tag a file in windows explorer.

which SO?

did you try to create a simple device control rule, just to monitor and show pop-up for end user (to check if the agent get policies from server)

check license, and dlp agent options, miscellaneous tab about features enabled for dlp agent.

good luck ;-/

The device control is working, but I am not able to get the email other kind of protection rules like email protection and web post protection to work. I think they will only work with the tagged content, is there any way to make them work without tagging contents, like for all contents.

Thanks

I am not able to tag contents, I tried application specific as well as location specific, but nothing happens. As I am not getting the manual tagging option, I can't even check whether the files are getting tagged or not.

Can anyone please help, its urgent

Highlighted

Replyng on your 1st posting.

I am pretty sure that your account do not have rights on doing manual tagging. check if you given the correct access to the account (might be from AD group/Specific user) If you do it correctly it should able to right click the file and tagged to whatever tagged names.

Reply on the 2nd post.

You cant do anything the is on the board contents HDLP protects data going out not the coming in datas. You only able to tagged files that is being download. And control tagged files prevetn uploading. You tagging rules and application rule may not be correct double chek and make sure it is enabled and to the correct person.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support
  • The McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in is now available in the Software Manager. Follow the instructions in the Product Guide for more.