cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie to DLP-USB monitor and/or block

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have been given EPO (EPO 5.3.1) to administer with no experience, and I was wondering if someone could help me out with what seems like a simple task.  I have been asked to monitor USB storage addition/deletions for our company.  I have created a a Policy and Rule as demonstrated here
https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/data-loss-prevention-11.0.400-product-guide-epolicy-orchestrator/page...

I have used Plug and Play  as well as removable storage, tried block as well as report, but nothing shows up as a DLP incident.  I believe I am missing something simple in the procedures, but I can't figure it out.  My test client has been assigned to the policy, but I just can't seem to get a "hit" on it after inserting/removing USB sticks several times. 

Anyone have a soup to nuts walk-through on how to make this happen?  Thanks for your help!

Roger

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: Newbie to DLP-USB monitor and/or block

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thank you for choosing McAfee Support Community

Please follow the below guide which helps with step by step guide to create USB block policy

How to block all USB drives and set exclusions for specific USB drives using Data Loss Prevention Endpoint: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB86007

Even if the above article did not help, attach the DLP policy, so that we can check and update.

DLP policy can be backed up using below steps

1. In McAfee ePO menu, select Data Protection  DLP Settings  Back Up & Restore.
  2. Click Backup to file and save the file in a place such as a USB drive or a shared folder.

Was my reply helpful?If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos!

Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" in my reply and together we can help other members?

Regards

Avinash R

Data Protection

McAfee Employee

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hello,

Please follow the below guide which helps with step by step guide to create USB block policy

How to block all USB drives and set exclusions for specific USB drives using Data Loss Prevention Endpoint: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB86007

Even if the above article did not help, attach the DLP policy, so that we can check and update.

DLP policy can be backed up using below steps

1. In McAfee ePO menu, select Data Protection  DLP Settings  Back Up & Restore.
  2. Click Backup to file and save the file in a place such as a USB drive or a shared folder.

Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" in my reply and together we can help other members?

Regards

Avinash R

Data Protection

McAfee Employee

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Avinash,

I recreated my policy according to the KB (although I couldn't find the files specified in Step 13).  Attached is my exported policy.  Could I be missing steps in assigning the policy?  I have it assigned to the entire org, I believe.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Success...found out that there was an issue with the DLP client install on my test system.  The instructions above worked!

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hey There, 

I Using Macafee Antivirus from Past 6 Months And Very Much Satisfied with It But I Don't Know Why It's Able to Remove The Virus Defected Files in The Temp Section of My Computer.

Fortnite Patch Notes | Fortnite Free Account Generator | Fortnite Memes That Keeps Me Alive 

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hello Bitlifeapp,

Request you to check or create a new topic in ENS or VSE forum, this is DLP forum where in only issues related to DLP will be addressed.

Regards

Avinash R

Data Protection

McAfee Employee

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community