cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in creating exceptions in email protection rule

Hi guyz,

We have created an email Protection rule and configured it to block mails sent to external domains for example gmail.com etc. Some of the users are needed to sent emails to external domains like user_1 wants to send mails to example1.com, user_2 wants to send mails to example2.com.

We want to block all users from sending mails to example1.com except user_1.

similarly , we want to block all users from sending mails to example2.com except user_2.

How do we create these exception.

We are currently on DLP endpoint version 11 Patch 7.

Thanks in advance

5 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee DLP_RS
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: Need help in creating exceptions in email protection rule

We can use Exceptions here. 

1. Create a test Email protection rule.

2. Click on 'Exceptions' tab. 

3.Definitions > Email Address List > Edit. Here we can specify Domain names\Email addresses\Email address Expressions ...

4. Also we can put End User groups as well.

So user_1 will be there with example1.com under Sender and recipient email addresses. Under Exceptions, we can put user_1.

Similarly in other user case.

Hi,

Thanks for replying , This is exactly what I thought about doing but there is an issue.

By default I restricted every user for sending mail to gmail. Please Find the Screenshot below.

Condition Tab.PNGCondition Tab

For creating exception, I will create a list "gmail exception list" , if any user wants to send mail to any gmail account, I will simply add the email ID to the exception list. But there is something wrong with the Exception tab. Please find the screenshot of exception tab below.

Exception Tab.PNGException Tab

You can see in the image that the OK BUTTON is not rendering. This is where I am stuck, what should I do in this case ?

Looking forward to your next response.

regards,

McAfee Employee DLP_RS
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

There is one known issue related to it. Please review-- https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87371

We are currently performing DLP endpoint migration activity . we are migrating our DLP endpoint agent to version 11 from DLP endpoint agent 9.4. POST migration we will upgrade our epo to 5..9.

1. Upgrading  epo to 5.9 will resolve the issue?

2. Also Only few DLP agent are left on version 9.4. and epo 5.9 does not supports DLP 9.4.

If we upgrade our epo to 5.9 now, will we be able to update the DLP endpoint agent from 9.4 to version 11

McAfee Employee DLP_RS
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Please find the answers below.

1. Upgrading  epo to 5.9 will resolve the issue?=> Yes(If issue is about Saving Exceptions in the rule(Ok) button))

2. Also Only few DLP agent are left on version 9.4. and epo 5.9 does not supports DLP 9.4.=> Please upgrade DLP Clients as well to supported versions.

If we upgrade our epo to 5.9 now, will we be able to update the DLP endpoint agent from 9.4 to version 11

=> Yes.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community