Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

NDLP Monitor data storage path

Jump to solution

We have NtDLP Monitor,Discover,Prevent integrated with NDLP manager.The emails are monitored in NDLP Monitor.

I want to know what are the paths where these data(monitored mail) are stored in ssh .Can we read those data from ssh??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Re: NDLP Monitor data storage path

Jump to solution

The incidents reside in the database which is stored in /data/mysql. The database can be moved but requires additional work than a simple copy / paste and is covered in KB80093.

The capture database cannot be copied.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi anyone???

Please let me know if u have this information

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

The data isn't stored in a directory path. Incidents are stored i the mySql database and the evidence and capture stream are stored in the RFS capture database. You cannot simply SSH into the device and read the emails. The best way to search the capture database for traffic such as email is via the GUI. Click on the "Capture" tab and select advanced search. From there enter search criteria and the select the device you wish to search on. Because the database is large and there is no indexing, searches can take a bit of time.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Thanks...

I can access it from GUI but I just want to know through the ssh.

Ya correct,incidents and capture are stored in database but i want to know the path of those database ..I mean the directory path under which it resides.

Also confirm that once we copy those database files/directory ,can we use it in some other NDLP device or it work only on that appliance.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

The incidents reside in the database which is stored in /data/mysql. The database can be moved but requires additional work than a simple copy / paste and is covered in KB80093.

The capture database cannot be copied.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

So we cant copy files in /data/mysql to keep it to some other place.Also the KB80093 is for NDLP 9.2.x ,i am using 9.3.2

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community