cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bperez
Level 10

NDLP Manager Virtual Appliance does not use the second HDD (500gb)

I have one NDLP Deployment in a virtual envorinment, and in my checks i note the second hdd 500gb is empty, the problem is in the manager, all the virtual appliances has hdd alarms, the question is: Why is not using that big second hdd?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SafeBoot
Level 21

Re: NDLP Manager Virtual Appliance does not use the second HDD (500gb)

Are you asking why the NDLP virtual manager is not using this second drive, or are you asking why your other virtual machines are throwing hdd alarms?  If this drive is part of the NDLP manager, would you expect another VMWare machine to be using it?

a little confused.

According to the docs, NDLP manager uses only the primary drive and it should be 1TB or more - http://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/24000/PD24650/en_US/n...

Message was edited by: SafeBoot on 11/6/13 2:13:08 PM EST
0 Kudos
bperez
Level 10

Hi Simon,

My question is why the VM NDLP Manager is not using the second hdd which has a 500gb. and is alarmed in the NDLP Manager due the hdd is more than 50% in use. But the others VM Appliance like Discover and Monitor are using the second hdd.

0 Kudos
bperez
Level 10

Ok, that info is new in the 9.3 version! is clear for me now, i will create the VM like the doc says, tks!

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

no problem - I am not an expert here though on NDLP, so you might want to ping your Platinum Support person and ask for clarification. I expect the doc is right though.

0 Kudos
ericklans
Level 9

Hello bperez,

I You using virtual versions of NDLP appliances, then You need install devices with next requirements as showed in Install guide:

for NDLP Manager You need use 1 HDD with minimum 1TB or 1.5TB, RAM = 8-16GB

and for other NDLP Prevent, Discover and Monitor 2 HDDs, HDD1=128GB, HDD2 = 512GB minimum. RAM = 16GB minimum for each device.

0 Kudos