cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor Files moving from USB to host computer

Is there a way to monitor files being copied from a USB device to a host DLP computer?  I saw this question posted before with no answer. 

I'd like to see what's moving into the environment before I make decisions on policies to block.  I think it can be done with File Application Protection rules, but can't think my way through a policy.  Any help would be appreciated.

2 Replies

Re: Monitor Files moving from USB to host computer

Unfortunately this is a current limitation of the McAfee HDLP application.  Its only capable of monitoring data being moved to USB devices.  I have hope this will be addressed in a future release.

Re: Monitor Files moving from USB to host computer

You cannot report on files copied from USB to computer.You can use location based tagging rule to tags files copied from removable storage and CD/DVD devices to the computer. You may use this tag on protection rules to enforce block/monitor etc. reactions.

This will at least report on files that the user copied from the USB and tried to send out.

DLP is Data Loss/Leak Prevention. Data coming to your computer is not considered Data Loss/Leak.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community