cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mcafee DLP 11.3 and Outlook 2016 app hang

Has anyone had an issue with Mcafee DLP 11.3.2.82 and the fcplou.dll Outlook DLP plugin. We are having systems that randomly hang when sending email or printing from Outlook 2016 on Windows 10 Build 1803. The only way to resolve the issue is disable the Mcafee DLP Outlook Add-in in Outlook options. DLP re-enables the add-in and Outlook runs fine until you close outlook and reopen it on the that system. Then it start doing it again until you disable the plugin again.

We have just started updating systems to this version of DLP and did not experience this issue in testing. Now we have sent it out to over 300 systems we started getting random reports of this issue. We have delayed further update deployments of DLP until we can pinpoint the cause.

Does anyone know of a fix or cause of this issue with possible policy setting that need changed or hotfixes that need applied.

4 Replies
McAfee Employee Mreaden
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Mcafee DLP 11.3 and Outlook 2016 app hang

Acertain2, 

There have been reports of email latency, however, latency can be caused by a number of different causes. 

Have you trying toggling non-cache mode in outlook to cached mode?

Note:

When using MAPI to process outgoing emails, the DLP Outlook add-in must save the email.
Saving the email will store it in the Draft folder. The email will be synchronized to the exchange server.
Synchronizing the email with the exchange server can cause latency if the Outlook client is set to work in non-cached mode.
Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
McAfee Employee JaganA
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

@acertain2 Thanks for choosing Support Community.

I had a similar issue and manage to resolved after following below settings.

1. Whitelist the outlook source files from Content tracking.

2. Ensure Outlook doesn't generate debug (.etl) log.

JaganA
McAfee Employee

Was my reply helpful?
If yes, click "Accept as Solution" in my reply and together we can help other members?
Allmed
Level 7
Message 4 of 5

@JaganA Is there a guide or a walk through on how to do these two steps? 

For example where the outlook source file would be located, and how to ensure the log is not generated.

McAfee Employee JaganA
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

@Allmed Appreciate your response here.

Here are the source the file path:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Content.Outlook

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp

%LOCALAPPDATA%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Content.Outlook

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Content.Outlook

Refer to attached screenshot, the highlighted option should be unchecked always.

> Please be informed, the whitelist path is case sensitive.

> You should validate that this path is the same on the endpoint that reproduces the issue.

The following docs page can offer related info.

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/data-loss-prevention-11.0.200-interface-reference-guide-epolicy-orche...

JaganA
McAfee Employee

Was my reply helpful?
If yes, click "Accept as Solution" in my reply and together we can help other members?
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community