cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee DLP Endpoint and Microsoft AIP integration

I wonder if McAfee DLP Endpoint supports integration with Microsoft AIP classification, i.e. if I can use Microsoft AIP labels in McAfee DLP rules somehow?
5 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: McAfee DLP Endpoint and Microsoft AIP integration

Hi @User89958742 ,

Thank you for writing in here

Yes, DLP 11.5 Supports integration with Microsoft AIP

Support for integration with Microsoft Azure Information Protection

Administrators can now add a Microsoft Azure RMS server and defined labels in the McAfee DLP Registered Servers page. A Microsoft Azure RMS 3rd party tag was added to the classification properties options. Using the new RMS Microsoft option, users can select the Microsoft RMS server type for RMS on-premises or Azure RMS. Microsoft RMS on-premises and Azure RMS reactions can now be applied in the Removable Storage and Network Share protection rules.

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/data-loss-prevention-endpoint-windows-11.5.x-release-notes/page/GUID-...

Regards,
Jithendran S
McAfee Employee
Highlighted

Re: McAfee DLP Endpoint and Microsoft AIP integration

Thanks a lot for your reply Jithendran!

I've added our Azure AIP to ePO's registered servers and I can set Azure RMS labels as reactions now.

Can we also use AIP classification labels in Conditions -> Classification? We use Azure AIP to classify our documents so if McAfee DLP could read these labels from the files and use them in Conditions that would be great.

ePolicy_Orchestrator_5_10_0-2.jpg

Kind regards,

Timur

Highlighted

Re: McAfee DLP Endpoint and Microsoft AIP or MIP integration

We have also been trying to use this new feature in DLP endpoint 11.5 since it was released but no success... opened multiple cases with Mcafee support...  it simply does not work. If ANYONE got this working i would love hear from you... and compare your experience with mine. We are basically unable to trigger any reaction, ex: blocking AIP protected files (encrypted or not) from being copied to a usb removable drive.

We are waitingfor McAfee devellopers to confirm if this is a known issue...  rumors or a hotfix isin the pipeline.

Highlighted

Similar issue, I have done Azure integration for AIP labels but McAfee DLP unable to read the AIP labels to enforce protection rules. 

I have used Document Properties for AIP and make it work with DLP protection rule. 

Does anyone have successfully implemented this feature or any suggestion to make McAfee DLP to read the AIP labels on document rather using Document Properties to make it work ?? 

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 6

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community