cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee DLP 11.6.200 Issue with product not showing as installed in ePO

Brief Description:
DLP - Installing 11.6.200 Issue
Description:
When installing DLP 11.6.200. We have a handful of important systems that will not report back to ePO that they have been upgraded to the 11.6.200 version. When in fact they actually show on the client side. DLP agent is running and the proper services. I checked under program files and see all the related files to DLP on the local host as installed. I also see under the McAfee icon that DLP is installed under the about tab. Lastly, I checked under uninstall programs and see that the correct DLP 11.6.200 is installed and showing up there as well. We came from DLP 11.3 to 11.6.

Most machines do report back to ePO that they have 11.6.200 installed, but for some it does not show up. Even after trying an uninstall. Turning off other point products such as ENS, HIPS etc. Then reinstalling the product and rebooting after the uninstall and reinstall. Product shows up as installed from the client side, but still will not report back to ePO that it has 11.6.200 installed. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue. Not sure if it is actually DLP not reporting properly or the agent not sending the information back properly.
2 Replies

Re: McAfee DLP 11.6.200 Issue with product not showing as installed in ePO

OK what I have noticed through doing some investigating is that the DLP endpoint console for 11.6.200 is not showing up one the machine that is not reporting correctly to ePO that it has it installed. Also, I do not see an assigned DLP policy to this particular system. The other system that reports DLP shows the DLP endpoint console on the client system. From ePO this system also has the policy for DLP in place. Not sure what is causing this issue. Just wanted to give an update on what i see. Lastly, I compared the files and folders and see that both have all the files needed under C:program files installed.

tucker84
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: McAfee DLP 11.6.200 Issue with product not showing as installed in ePO

Easiest fix is to use the removal tool from support. I believe this is a problem in the registry and the normal uninstall process doesn't resolve.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community